Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012, hello 2013


So here we are, 2012 draws to a close and we look forward to 2013 bringing us bigger and better things.

I had a great 2012 as it goes - in my personal life (joined a gym, got fit, then got injured and got unfit unfortunately), with my family (wife voted Miss Slinky for her Slimming World group and the Dude joined Junior school and took to it like a duck to water), I became a Parent Governor and I had some good publishing credits, including my Spectral Press chapbook “What Gets Left Behind” which has been very favourably received.

So what of 2013?  I don’t usually make resolutions but this year, I’m going to.  And they are:

Love more, less anger
Write more, less procrastination

Bearing in mind that this blog is, at least partly, about my writing, what does 2013 hold for me, creatively speaking?  Well, quite a bit as it happens

* My short “The Witch House” will appear in Anachron Press’ Urban Occult anthology
* My short “Falsche See, On the North German Plain (N is for Nickar)” will appear in Dean M Drinkel’s Demonologica anthology
* My (as yet unwritten) short will appear in the Crystal Lake Publishing anthology For The Night Is Dark
* Two of my shorts - “Empty Souls, Drowning” (a revamp of my 1999 story) and “The Taste Of Her” - will appear in Screaming Spires anthologies
* My short “The Bureau Of Lost Children” will appear in “ill at ease 2”
* My short "World Outside Your Window" will appear in the Second Annual Spectral Press Christmas Ghost Story anthology, edited by Simon Marshall Jones

"What Gets Left Behind" will be reprinted, with an afterword, in the "First Eight Chapbook Volumes" collection from Spectral Press

My novellas “Drive” and “The Lost Film” will appear from Pendragon Press

"Conjure" will be published as an ebook by Greyhart Press, with the interior illustrations re-instated and new cover art.

My (as yet unwritten) short will appear in the next Hersham Horror Books PentAnth - The Anatomy Of Death (in five sleazy pieces) - alongside Stephen Volk, Johnny Mains, Stephen Bacon and Andrew Murray - which I will project manage and co-edit with Peter Mark May.

And that’s what I know, as I write this and so, on that note, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish all readers of this blog a very happy, safe and productive New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment