Friday 15 April 2011

What Gets Left Behind (Spectral VII), by Mark West

Since it’s now been officially announced on the Spectral Press website - http://spectralpress.wordpress.com/ - I’m thrilled to say that my story “What Gets Left Behind” will become Spectral 7, to be published in September 2012.

For those who follow this blog, this is the story that originally started life as “The Shrieking Dead”, which both Simon Marshall-Jones (head honcho at SP) and myself agreed didn’t work for the tale once I’d finished it (though I will be using the title at some point in the future!).

The story is currently in draft (it’s about 1000 words too long) but I’m thoroughly enjoying the work and the misadventures of Mike and Geoff and the Rainy Day Abductor.

I’ll let you know more, as and when I’m able, but for a kick-off, here’s some revised artwork (this won’t be the final cover).

Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Spectral is looking prettier and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cate, looking forward to yours too!

    ReplyDelete