Monday 4 May 2020

Happy Star Wars Day!



Regular readers of the blog will know that I'm a massive Star Wars fan and, as such, how could I resist celebrating this when it coincides with posting day?

I've written about the films (generally the original trilogy) a lot over the past eleven years or so and you can find the entries on this link, though the specific run of posts I did as part of the 40th anniversary in 2017 can be found here.

Writing these posts has been great fun, the research has often been enlightening but perhaps my favourite post is from when we went to an exhibit in London 2013 and Dude & I got to fight with lightsabers on the Tantive IV.  You can read about it here.
Dude gets me in a Force choke-hold at the London Film Museum, when it was in the old County Hall building, August 2013.  He's now almost as tall as I am.

And to further celebrate, here are some of my favourite trading cards that never fail to bring back wonderful memories of warm summer days during 1978 (as I wrote about here).

One of my favourite images (it also appeared in the photo-insert of the novel), I was slightly disappointed when I realised we only get to see this Stormtrooper and his Dewback from a distance.
Another of my favourite images
I do like Stormtroopers


Happy Star Wars Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment