Tuesday 13 May 2014

I (am on) The Jury

It's just been announced on the BFS feed, so I thought I'd let you know that I've been asked to serve on the jury for the British Fantasy Society Awards 2014 in the category of Best Horror Novel (the August Derleth Award).

Armand Assante reading in a quiet moment of "I, The Jury" (see what I did there?), a brilliant and brutal 1982 adaption of Mickey Spillane's novel.  I'm having to explain this so much that I'm beginning to wonder if this post has the right title...
I was thrilled to be asked, obviously and more so when I discovered my fellow judges are Cate Gardner,
Jim McLeod, Pauline Morgan and Thana Niveau.

From the release:
The juries for the British Fantasy Awards are appointed by the Awards Administrator (Stephen Theaker) under the supervision of the British Fantasy Society committee. The BFS committee itself is the jury for the Special Award (the Karl Edward Wagner Award).

The juries have begun the process of deciding whether to add any egregious omissions to the nominees decided by the voters of the British Fantasy Society and FantasyCon. We hope to announce the resulting shortlists at the British Fantasy Society Open Night on 6 June 2014.

As soon as I can announce the shortlist I'll do so, but in the interests of fairness I won't be posting reviews of the nominated books before the awards are announced.  In the meantime, the full list of jurors can be found at this link on the BFS site.

No comments:

Post a Comment